Phone: 250.545.0585

  102-3201 30th Street

Vernon BC V1T 9G3


 Home         Seniors Services Program         Better At Home Program         Be a Volunteer         Back to NexusBC


We understand that each housing situation is unique so please use this information as a guide. 
If at any time you require more information, please phone or
email us.

North Okanagan Seniors Housing Guide

NexusBC is pleased to compile and provide the seniors housing guide for our area:

> North Okanagan Seniors Housing Guide 2016 (pdf)

Independent Living

NexusBC maintains a vacancy list of independent living accommodation in the North Okanagan. If you would like to know which homes have vacancies, you can either call the homes yourself or phone us at 250.545.0585.

Assisted Living

Assisted living is for those who are unable to live at home independently but do not need 24-hour nursing care.  Assisted living services are provided in a private apartment unit.  You maintain your independence and privacy while being supported with services such as meals, laundry, housekeeping, social and recreational activities and personal care.

Publicly Subsidized Assisted Living

Eligibility for publicly subsidized assisted living units is determined by Vernon Community Care Health Services. You do not need to contact the assisted living residence directly.  Please contact:

Vernon Community Care Health Services

Address: 4505 - 25th Street, Vernon BC V1T 4S8

Phone: 250.541.2200

Private Pay Assisted Living

If you are interested in private pay assisted living you can access these programs through the provider and do not need to be assessed by a Interior Health Home Health Case Manager.  Accommodation in a private pay residence is offered at market price set by the operator.  For more information, please visit or phone 1.800.311.2273.

Residential Care | Long Term Care

Residential Care is the BC Ministry of Health term for what you may know as Long Term Care, Extended Care, Nursing Home Care or Geriatric Care Facility.  People who live in residential care facilities usually have complex health care needs that require daily care from trained health care and nursing staff . They often need caregivers to help with their activities of daily living such as bathing, assistance with mobility, dressing and personal hygiene . Many persons who live in residential care facilities may also have significant memory challenges associated with dementia and need a secure environment to keep them safe .

Publicly Subsidized Residential Care

The first step to enter a publicly-subsidized residential care facility is for you to have a health care needs assessment completed by Vernon Community Care Health Services.  Please contact:

Vernon Community Care Health Services

Address: 4505 - 25th Street, Vernon BC V1T 4S8

Phone: 250.541.2200

For more information on accessing subsidized residential care, visit Interior Health.

Private Pay Residential Care

Private pay residential care services are paid for by the resident and not funded by Interior Health or the province. An assessment by Interior Health staff is not needed for admission to a private pay residence.


Assisted living, supported living, complex care, residential care, private, subsidized...

Overwhelmed? Call us!


The SAFER program provides direct cash assistance for people age 60 and over and who pay rent for their housing. SAFER is designed to help older British Columbians on fixed incomes pay for rent and leave them with enough money for the other necessities of life such as food, utilities and transportation. SAFER applications are available at the Seniors Bureau and we're more than happy to help you with filling it out.  

BC Seniors' Line: 1.800.465.4911

The BC Seniors’ Line assists in accessing the network of provincial services including the Seniors' Supplement and the SAFER Program.

BC Residential Tenancy Branch: 1.800.665.8779

Provides landlords and tenants with information and dispute resolution services.

Need An Advocate
To Help You?

Call the BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support to get a referral for a legal advocate: